LFD (5 meter dome)
The LFD is the workhorse of our big mountain domes. Like her big brother, the BFD, this shelter will safely take you anywhere you can take it. It has fewer poles and windows, but the same bomber construction and use of strong Easton poles. Both of our big domes have been proven on Everest; yet the LFD received some extra attention after a heavy wind storm on Mt.Everest @ 22,000 ft in 2011. The LFD was the last large tent standing @ Camp 2 after the storm passed.
Click Here for Setup Instructions
Intended Use: Built for smaller groups of 5-10 , this is a great communications or dining tent and is the right size for most expeditions. With only 10 poles, the LFD goes up fast and easy and will stand up to almost anything the backcountry has to dish out. The LFD is being used all around the world and excels in windy, harsh, high-altitude and even hot environments.
- Capacity: Sleeps 10-12 people & gear
- 9 huge windows/vents (3 of which have an optional clear window)
- 10 Easton poles
- Cobra clips (injection molded acetyl plastic, which remains flexible to -40 degrees, stainless steel gate)
- Internal tie downs/O-rings: Allows you to set up many options for hanging, storage or internal guying. When properly strung and tensioned the internal tie down system will greatly increase the strength of the tent much like the spokes and rim of a bicycle wheel. Our clear polymer window film does not yellow from UV exposure and remains flexible to below -40 degrees.
- All of the window coverings are made of white ET70 and are on the outside of the structure simultaneously protecting the window film from UV light while reflecting heat when closed. (This allows the LFD to excel in almost any condition where large groups need to congregate. Great for expos, trade shows and in-laws as well.)
- Reinforced attachment points are 3-layer ET70 sewn over a nylon core.
- Reflective grommets are alphanumerically labeled and pole specific to reduce confusion.
- 870D nylon perimeter skirt
Poles & Fabric:
- ET70 main body and doors
- DAC Pf 13.2 mm (10 poles)
- Diameter: 16 ft / 4.88 m
- Interior Height: 7 ft 6 in / 2.28 m
- Floor Area: 201 ft² / 18.67 m²
- 40 lbs 2 oz / 18.2 kg
- [19 lbs 14 oz (Body), 20 lbs 4 oz (Poles)
Product ID: 1024
Compare SlingFin Tents