THIS BATCH OF LFD TENTS IS COMPLETELY PRE-SOLD. BFD is still available. More LFDs coming in early 2024.
The LFD is the workhorse of our big mountain domes. Like its big sibling, the BFD, this shelter will safely take you anywhere you can take it. Both of our big domes have been proven on Everest; yet the LFD received some extra attention after a heavy wind storm on Mt. Everest at 22,000 ft in 2011. The LFD was the last large tent standing at Camp 2 after the storm passed.
Every aspect of the LFD was designed to maximize durability and function. Custom-molded acetyl clips are easy to operate with gloves and stay flexible down to -40˚F/C. Titanium dioxide-coated fabric gives the LFD an unmatched degree of UV resistance. We often hear from customers that it lasts several times longer than comparable tents at extended high-altitude basecamps.
Built for groups of 10-12 , this is a great communications or dining tent, and is the right size for most expeditions. The LFD is being used all around the world and excels in windy, harsh, high-altitude, and even hot environments.
For more livability when sleeping with groups or camping on wet ground, pick up the LFD Floor to more effectively seal out the elements. To improve the LFD's performance in wet conditions and to help it shed snow, pick up an LFD Flysheet.
- ET210 Titanium Dioxide coated polyester fabric is extremely UV resistant and lasts 3-5 times as long as comparable tent fabrics under intense UV exposure.
- Custom Cobra clips are made of injection-molded acetyl plastic, which remains flexible to -40˚F/C, with stainless steel gate
- Internal tie downs/o-rings provide many options for hanging, storage or internal guying. When properly strung and tensioned, the internal tie down system will greatly increase the strength of the tent much like the spokes and rim of a bicycle wheel.
- Clear polymer window film does not yellow from UV exposure and remains flexible to below -40˚F/C.
- White TiO2 window covers protect window film from UV and reflect heat when closed. (This allows the LFD to excel in almost any condition where large groups need to congregate. Great for expos, trade shows and in-laws as well.)
- Reinforced attachment points are 3-layer TiO2 sewn over a nylon core.
- Reflective grommets are alphanumerically labeled and pole-specific to ease setup.
- 840D nylon perimeter skirt
|Weight||45 lbs 2 oz|
|Capacity||12+ people plus gear|
|Floor Area||201 sq ft|
|Number of poles||10|
|Number of doors||3|
|Number of windows/vents||7|
|Tent Body Fabrics||ET210 Titanium Dioxide-Coated 210D Polyester Ripstop|
|Skirt Fabric||840D Nylon Taffeta|
|Poles||10 DAC Pressfit 13.2mm|
A beautiful tent