The Arctic 6 is a double-wall geodesic basecamp dome for small groups with all the bells and whistles. We pulled out all the stops to make the most fully-featured basecamp tent in the world while maintaining the strength and no-fluff functionality SlingFin is known for. It's an excellent cook or med tent for small expeditions and can provide luxuriously comfortable accommodation for clients on guided trips.
A waterproof teflon-fiberglass stove jack accommodates wood stoves with 3"-5" stove pipes as well as most tent heaters. The removable floor (included) allows you to dig down to create a seating area if you're on snow or use the tent floorless with heavy boots. It also allows you to easily replace the floor if you forget to take your crampons off before you go to bed.
The tent body features what we call "Tension Strips", which are grain line-oriented strips of 70D sil/sil ripstop nylon along each tent pole that reduce the effects of bias stretch from the large tent body fabric panels. Since fabric stretch is dramatically lower along the grain line, this system reduces pole flexion and significantly strengthens the tent. Think of it as our WebTruss, but built in to the tent body.
Venting options abound thanks to large through-vents on the fly and vestibule, and three zippered vents on the tent body, each with mesh and ripstop covers. There's an additional drawstring "Relief Valve" vent near the floor sidewall to empty your pee bottles or route cables into the tent if you're using a solar panel or external power supply.
As with all our state-of-the-art expedition domes, the Arctic 6 uses our custom acetyl Cobra Clips, which remain flexible down to -40˚F/C and are easy to operate even while wearing heavy gloves.
- Stove jack for wood stove or tent heater
- Fully internal guyline compatible
- Internal guy O-rings also provide gear-hanging options
- 17 internal mesh pockets for the organizationally-inclined
- Large vestibule with single stake point for simplicity and stability
- Vestibule has 2 doors for unrestricted access
- Vestibule doors have anti-snag zipper flaps
- Flysheet zipper sliders with an extra long zipper pull on the lower slider mean you'll finally stop accidentally grabbing the wrong zipper pull
- Vestibule snow flaps can be deployed or toggled out of the way and double as vestibule gear pockets.
- Relief Valve drawstring vent for pee bottles or cord routing
- 3 zippered tent body vents with mesh and ripstop layers
- 1 drawstring flysheet through-vent with eyelid cover
- 1 drawstring vestibule through-vent with eyelid cover
- Removable floor
- Color-coded reflective starter tabs for easy flysheet orientation
- 15 reflective external flysheet tie-outs
- 5 flysheet perimeter pull-outs
- 2 doors with mesh and ripstop layers
- Rear door on flysheet has angled zipper with two-layer anti-snag zipper flap for hassle-free, weatherproof protection
- Color-coordinated zipper pulls
- Includes 2 replacement pole sections for easy field repair
- All zippers feature our Zipper Garage with two pre-installed spare zipper sliders for longer zipper life
- 2 teflon fiberglass stove jacks included
- 2 sil/sil waterproof stove vent covers included
- Includes 7 DAC 300mm J-Stakes for secure anchoring in dirt, rocks, or snow.
- Flysheet attaches directly to poles via O-ring/toggle system for increased strength
- Includes a zippered tent duffel, a zippered pole bag, a drawstring pole sack, and a stake sack for easy transport.
|Packaged Weight||32lb (14.51kg)|
|Floor Area||107 sq ft (9.94 sq m)|
|Width (side to side)||136" (3.45m)|
|Width (corner to corner)||157" (3.99m)|
|Length of sides||76" (1.93m)|
|Tent Body Vents
||3 large zippered windows, 1 stovepipe vent, 1 Relief Valve|
|Flysheet Vents||1 large drawstring vent, 1 stovepipe vent, 1 large vestibule drawstring vent|
|Number of doors||2
|Vestibule width||76" (1.93m)|
|Vestibule length||64" (1.63m)|
|Vestibule area||18 sq ft (1.67 sq m)|
|Number of pockets||17|
|Tent Body Fabric||40D Breathable Nylon Ripstop|
|Window/Door/Pocket Mesh||20D Nylon no-see-um expedition mesh|
|Floor Fabric||210D Nylon PE 5000mm|
|Fly Fabric||70D Nylon Ripstop Sil/Sil 3000mm|
Tension Strip Fabric
|70D Nylon Ripstop Sil/Sil 3000mm
|Poles||6 DAC Pressfit 13.2mm w/ repair splint and 2 replacement pole sections, 1 DAC Pressfit 13.2mm vestibule pole|
|Zippers||Doors+Flysheet: YKK #8 with spare sliders, Windows: YKK #5 w/ spare sliders|
After researching numerous possible tents, I purchased this tent for rafting the Gates of the Arctic in August of 2022. Four of us spent 10 nights in it with rain, WIND, snow, clouds, and anything else that area has. The tent withstood all weather without any issues. All of us agreed the tent was superb. Condensation was little to none each night. We had plenty of room for our large sleeping pads, wet clothing and personal items.
The tent materials are of the highest quality. I say that having owned 5 Hilleberg tents.
Setting it up takes 2 people about 15 minutes.
The only changes I'd suggest are to include guy lines and stakes for them.