Built for groups, the Kahiltna Dome makes a great comm dome, dining tent, or gathering space. With only 10 poles and a WebTruss™ System, the Kahiltna Dome has by far the easiest setup of any dome in this category. The Kahiltna Dome excels in windy, harsh, high-altitude, and even hot environments. Because it is a double-wall tent with excellent ventilation, it performs especially well in wet conditions where condensation would be an issue with single-wall domes.
The Kahiltna Dome is our largest double-wall tent, and our largest tent with a WebTruss™ System. The WebTruss can be easily set up in high winds without the tent body, and once the flysheet is in place, the tent body can be installed from the safe confines of the dome. The Kahiltna Dome can also be set up without the tent body for use as a cook, dining, or communication dome. The floor is removable.
There's a mid-vent lined with Nomex (flame resistant fabric) for use with a exhaust pipe.
The Kahiltna dome is the same size and shape as our LFD, but it is a double-wall tent and features a WebTruss, whereas the LFD is a single-wall tent.
- Internal tie downs/O-rings: Allows you to set up many options for hanging, storage, or internal guying. When properly strung and tensioned the internal tie down system will greatly increase the strength of the tent much like the spokes and rims of a bicycle wheel.
- Snow flaps along the perimeter of the flysheet. Can either be extended out or folded and locked under the WebTruss™ to seal out spin drift.
- Multiple external tie-outs
- Reflective tape - located at each sleeve opening of the WebTruss™ for easy recognition
- Removable floor - allows for "mess tent" configuration
|Floor Area||201 sq ft|
|Floor Diameter||192" (4.88m)|
|Tent Body Volume|
3 large zippered windows, 1 stovepipe vent, 5 low drawstring vents
|Number of doors||4 zippered doors|
|Tent Body Fabric||40D Nylon Ripstop|
|Floor Fabric||210D Nylon PE 5000mm|
|Fly Fabric||70D Nylon Ripstop Sil/PU|
|210D Nylon PE, 840D Nylon PE|
|Poles||10 DAC Pressfit 13.2mm|