The WindSaber redefines what’s possible for a lightweight alpine tent. At under 5 pounds, the WindSaber’s strength is comparable to that of many tents that weigh twice as much. Light enough to carry to the high alpine and strong enough to stay there as long as you want, the WindSaber is a go-anywhere, do-everything alpine tent for core mountain folk. Whether you’re ticking the Cassin or skiing the JMT, you’ll rest easy knowing your tent can handle whatever the mountains throw your way.
The WindSaber’s unprecedented strength-to-weight ratio comes from our patented WebTruss system. The WebTruss is made up of sleeves into which you insert the tent poles. Unlike traditional pole sleeves that are sewn into the tent body, the WebTruss is detachable, allowing the poles to be completely set up before attaching the tent body. The result is a tent that sets up very easily in high-wind conditions (unlike a tent with traditional pole sleeves), but with far better stability than modern clip-style tents.
The interior of the WindSaber is shaped to maximize usable space and has more pockets than you can shake a stick at. Plenty of o-rings provide internal guyline compatibility as well as ample places to hang things. The WindSaber’s tunnel entrance provides egress should your zippers freeze and doubles as a storage area. It provides easy access to your gear without compromising floor space or requiring you to open your tent to the elements. A traditional zippered mesh/ripstop double door on the other side provides quick entry and exit and won’t get caked with spindrift. To vent the WindSaber, open the drawstring vent at the foot of the tent, which has a complementary vent in the tent’s fly. The drawstring vent also has a mesh layer which lets you vent the tent even when it’s buggy out. Crack open the top of the door, and you have a nice cross breeze that keeps condensation to a minimum.
- High-Vis SlingFin Orange Fly
- WebTruss provides exceptional strength-to-weight ratio
- Easy high-wind setup
- 15 exterior tie-outs
- 11 exterior tie-outs correspond to pole attachments on fly
- Interior guyline compatible
- 8 Interior pockets
- OutRigger attachment uses adjustable ski or trekking poles to increase wind resistance and snow loading capacity
- Tunnel entrance/Gear storage area provides easy access to your gear without compromising floor space
- Ergonomic floor shape provides plenty of elbow room
- Drawstring vent with mesh layer provides ventilation even in buggy conditions
- Double mesh/ripstop door ventilates well in humid environments
- WebTruss can be replaced with DAC twist clips for milder conditions
|Trail Weight (with WebTruss)
|4 lbs 11.5 oz
|Trail Weight (without WebTruss)
|4 lbs 9 oz
|28 sq ft + 3 sq ft storage tunnel
|85" x 39"/60"/39" (head/elbows/foot)
|2 x 5 sq ft
|Tent Body Volume
|54 cu ft
|2 x 9.39 cu ft
|18" x 7"
|2 (1 zipper, 1 tunnel)
|Tent Body Fabric
15D Nylon Ripstop DWR
|30D Nylon 66 ripstop sil/sil 1500mm
|30D Nylon 66 ripstop Sil/Sil 1500mm
|3 DAC Featherlite NSL 9.0mm, 1 NSL 9.6mm (cross pole)